Saturday, January 24, 2015

I ain't dead

I'll not try to imitate Granny Weatherwax's spelling. I'm not up to it. One similarity between myself and Mr. Pratchett's memorable lady is that my mind has also been flying pretty high of late. But in my case not from Borrowing. From prescribed medication.

For the past two months I have been fighting my way through something that started as an upper respiratory infection, then turned into bronchitis, then grew up to become pneumonia. I've been to the hospital twice, emergency care center two or three times, and I am currently on the verge of finishing up my third helping of antibiotics.

This latest type of antibiotic seems to be doing the trick. I hope. Until now I have been literally too weak to pick up a laptop, and even if I could draw a breath I was coughing too much to type. Obviously, not much writing got done since Christmas.

I have set what I hope are reasonable daily goalposts. If I can average a page a day, by the time my granddaughter graduates I should have the first draft of 'Recompense' ready for proofing. Stay tuned.