Saturday, September 13, 2014

This Scares Me. This Scares The Hell Out Of Me.

This particular piece of tech? Maybe, maybe not. It's the attitude that that freezes my blood. When I was a kid and watched horror movies about this, it comforted me to know that it was all fantasy, and no real human could bring themselves to do something so evil as to pervert the basic code of human life itself. That was before I studied history.

The link is HERE . At first glance, it reads as harmless enough. It's just coding, right? Everything is synthetic, right? Until you dig into the subject deeper and find out that they have already been making real chimeras. Viable embryos of mixed human/animal DNA. So far the embryos have all been killed.Except the useful ones, of course...

10 Ways Science is Using Hman-Animal Hybrids (Discovery.com

Human-animal hybrid embryos (BBC)

Scientist urge rules for human-animal hybrids (LA Times)

US Army: 'Super Soldier' Genetically Modified Humans Won't Need Food, Sleep

I wrote a short story on this subject a couple of years ago. It wasn't until I had actually written and published it that I learned I was behind the times. Way behind the times. England, I understand, is a world leader in this stuff. But everyone else is not far behind.
Post a Comment