Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Review of The Shaman's Curse

Once again, I say and maintain that this is not a review blog. It just happens that I read and reviewed two books within a short time. This one is by an indie author whose books I really enjoy, named +Meredith Mansfield . She writes slightly off-beat fantasy books with a strong romance element to them, and seems to prefer writing a series over stand alone books. I understand that, because I do too. My Amazon/Smashwords review is below:

Disclaimer. I requested a review copy of this book because I had enjoyed the author's previous work.

The protagonist in this story is a young man who belongs to a plains dwelling, nomadic people. At first glance they seem a bit primitive, but as the book progresses we realize that they are actually at about the same level of technological sophistication as the city-dwellers that they trade with. The story line unfolds smoothly, at a steady, even pace, and held my interest through the entire book without any real shocks. There was a lot of foreshadowing along the way, and it was done quite skillfully. Overall, you can see the storm front building up, and the next book should bring the lightning. I look forward to reading it. Highly recommended.
As a matter of principle, I suggest reading all her books. They are worth the money.
Post a Comment