Saturday, June 7, 2014

This Does Get Ridiculous

As a writer on google+, I'm constantly being added to people's circles that I have never heard of, and getting spammed to within an inch of my patience. But some of it is just foolishness.

Like the email I just got (again) offering me the "secret" to selling a million books. It purports to tell me how to use social media, along with a carefully orchestrated email spam campaign, to metaphorically grab people by the scruff of the neck and force them, kicking and screaming, to buy my books whether they will or no.

Now, I am not a best-selling author, just in case anyone didn't know that already. But I am going to go out on a limb here. I may be wrong, and if so I will just have to hang my head in disgrace. But I strongly suspect that the way to sell a million books is to write a book that a million people want to read.

Like I said, I could be wrong.
Post a Comment